|Others||Snover (Juvenile) |
Frost Tree Pokémon
French: Blizzi and Blizzaroi
German: Shnebedekc and Rexblisar
Cantonese: 暴雪王 (Bouhsyutwohng)
Mandarin: 雪笠怪 (Xuě Lì Guài) and 暴雪王 (Bàoxuěwáng)
South Korean: 눈쓰개 (Nunsseugae) and 눈설왕 (Nunseolwang)
|Original||ユキカブリ and ユキノオー|
|Romanization||Yukikaburi and Yukinooh|
|Average height||Snover: 1.0 m (3'03")|
Abomasnow: 2.2 m (7'03")
Mega Abomasnow: 2.7 m (8'10")
|Average weight||Snover: 50.5 kg (111.3 lbs.)|
Abomasnow: 135.5 kg (298.7 lbs.)
Mega Abomasnow: 185.0 kg (407.9 lbs.)
|Language||Understand language of trainer|
|Habitat||Mt. Coronet, Sinnoh|
Route 17, Kalos
Mega Abomasnow: Quadrupedal
|Behind the Scenes|
|Created by||Game Freak, Inc.|
Abomasnow is a Grass/Ice Pokémon whose juvenile stage is known as Snover. When exposed to Abomasite, it will temporarily transform into Mega Abomasnow.
It lives a quiet life on mountains that are perpetually covered in snow. It hides itself, blanketing wide areas in snow by whipping up blizzards in mountains that are always buried in snow. They appear when the snow flowers bloom. When the petals fall, they retreat to places unknown again.
It is the abominable snowman; it is also known as "The Ice Monster."
Abomasnow appears to be based on a cross between an evergreen tree covered in snow and a yeti. It may also be based on juhyou, trees completely covered in snow known as "snow monsters".
- Abomasnow is a shortening of the term "Abominable Snowman", another name for the yeti.
- Yukinooh may come to mean 雪の王 yuki no ō (snow king).
- Mega Abomasnow is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 594.
- Abomasnow is the first Pokémon by alphabetical order.
- No other Pokémon share the same type combination as Abomasnow and its pre-evolution, Snover.