|Behind the Scenes|
|Performed by||Dee Bradley Baker|
In SpongeBob SquarePants, a Sea Bear is a large piranha-like fictional species of fish with claw-tipped front fins and the head of a grizzly bear. Squidward didn't believe in the Sea Bear's existence, until he was attacked by one in "The Camping Episode" episode. However, SpongeBob and Patrick are fervent believers, having read about them in the Bikini Bottom Inquirer and Fake Science Monthly, which are both tabloids.
Their attacks are preventable by drawing an Anti-Sea Bear Circle in the sand, which is a simple circle. Other shapes will not work. A Sea Rhinoceros is an animal that attacks victims of Sea Bears.
The following are ways to attract an angry Sea Bear:
- If it doesn't like you
- Playing the clarinet badly as Squidward
- Waving your flashlight back and forth really fast (Patrick says flashlights are their natural prey)
- Stomping the ground (SpongeBob says they take it as a challenge)
- Eating cheese in cube form (sliced form is safe)
- Wearing a sombrero upside down or in any other goofy fashion
- Wearing clown shoes
- Wearing a hoop skirt
- Screeching like a chimpanzee
- Limping (worse than running)
- Crawling (even worse than limping)